Gone are the days when vaginal hysterectomy was done for prolapse and descended uterus Gynec surgeons have started to believe that every uterus can be and should be removed VAGINALLY unless the route is contraindicated. Previously 80% of hysterectomies were done abdominally but with incresed skill,experience and determination on the part of Gynec surgeon, have changed the scenario and now almost more then 70 % hysterectomies are performed vaginally.Of course it differs from centre to centre.
The benefits of a Non Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy are:
- Increased safety.
- No visible scar on abdomen
- Quick surgery.
- Less Post operative pain.
- Early ambulation.
- Faster recovery.
- Early discharge of the patient.
- Associated vaginal wall and perineal defect can be dealt with.
The success of this surgery depends on :
- Perfect knowledge of pelvic anatomy.
- Skill and Experience of Gynecologist
- Proper instrumentations
- Trained and co-operative pair of assistants.
- Excellent anesthesia
We have a team of Most experienced Gynecologist of Saurastra ,who have performed more then 4000 Non Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy for various indications.
Dr. Sudhir R. Shah
Dr. Beena N. Trivedi
They are most experienced in performing such surgeries. Our aim is to admit the patient-do the surgery of removal of Uterus and discharge her withine 24 hours.